sábado, março 06, 2010

Someone asked me to translate some of my poems, and because I wrote this one first in English, I post it here now.

You sit in your room,
while you read stories I sang for you,
you left for me the sweat that runs over your face,
while outside iron castles flew away,
through the shadows of a summer breeze.
You used to choose stories you left in me,
Drawing them like times from other times.
You bath in August's light that entered through the window.
You kiss the stars that used to cover my face,
while you danced in the night of an another August we left by.
You swam in the see, you sang to the waves
you ran in those moments you left for me.
We kissed the earth that covered our feet,
we kissed the birds that exploded in the thin air.
At the end there you were,
wishing for those August nights,
those nights I will keep inside me.